Urogynecology Expert Forum
Rectocele recovery
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rectocele recovery

I had surgery on March 31st for a rectocele and a bladder sling. I am felling like I am doing too much and am worried that I might have pulled out the stitches and ruined the repair. I was up pretty early. Stopped the pain pills anout day 5 after I got home and decided to drive on the 10th day. What would be the symptoms if I stressed out the rectocele repair or the bladder sling? I also have some spotting still and an awful odor from the vagina. Am I freaking out too much?
Related Discussions
242593_tn?1313867921
I ask my patients not to fdo any lifting over 5 lbs for 6 weeks after rectocele repair. Walking, driving, stair climbing are all ok, and unlikely to harm the repair. ALso nothing in the vagina for 6 weeks after surgery.

Dr. Hoyte
2 Comments
Blank
A related discussion, post rectocele surgery was started.
Blank
A related discussion, Anterior repair problems was started.
Blank
A related discussion, Post Rectocele Surgery was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1344197_tn?1392822771
J. Kyle Mathews, MD, DVMBlank
Plano Urogynecology Associates
Plano, TX
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now