Urogynecology Expert Forum
Renal lasix scan

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Renal lasix scan

My daughter 36 had hydronephrosis 2 yrs ago. They found she had a kinked ureter wrapped around the aoric vein. They found it when they did a us for pregnancy and with the water she had to drin it threw the kidnwy into spasms. Now she has been dx with interstitual cystitis and they want to do the renal ct. Her worry is when they fill the bladder with oasix it will throw the kidney into spams and she wants to cancel the test. They want to see if the kinked ureter is the problem of the IC. what would you advise.
shado
I would suggest she get the testing done.  J. Kyle Mathew, MD