Urogynecology Expert Forum
Sclerosing lymphangitis
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Sclerosing lymphangitis

I recently had a flare up of what was either sclerosing lymphangitis or a thrombosed vein. The hardened vessel starts at the bottom of the head of my penis and wraps around to the dorsal vein, and is about an inch to an inch and a half long.  It also branches off at one point with another vessel.  I have had these vessels flare up before, but it has never lasted more than a few hours.

Anyway, the condition was quite bad for about three weeks.  Now, it has subsided significantly.  However, it has left behind a thin remnant of what used to be there. The vessel is visible if you pull back the skin as a thin string that is slightly hard to the touch, but nothing like what it was at its worst.

So I am wondering whether this thin remnant of what used to be there is going to be permanent or will it likely go away with more time?  Everything I have read about SL and thrombosed veins suggests that these things clear up entirely with time.  Please advise! I am worried this might be permanent.
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979