Urogynecology Expert Forum
Skin Discoloration on the head of the penis

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Hello – I’m 28 years old.  I just notice for the past days that I have a dark brown yellowish spot in the head on the top of the head of my penis. It looks like a dead skin but it is kinda weird since it is on the top of my penis.  There is no sore nor discomfort feeling on it. I have an active sex life without protection. Thus, I would like to know if this is an STD, cancer or a skin disease (ringworm perhaps). Thanks for advance help.