Urogynecology Community
Surgery all done and recovering at home

WELCOME TO THE UROGYNECOLOGY COMMUNITY for WOMEN: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Female Incontinence and Pelvic Floor disorders such as, Cystocele, Drooping Bladder, Intercourse Pain, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Vaginal Relaxation and Vulvodynia.

Surgery all done and recovering at home

Just an update.  I got an earlier surgery date due to an opening in my surgeon's schedule, so I had my repairs done this past Wednesday.  I was supposed to need a rectocyle repair along with the cystocyle, hysterectomy, and DaVinci sling, but I didn't end up needing the rectocycle.

I'm feeling pretty good already, a lot better than I expected, and I'm guessing that's because I didn't need that last procedure, which Sherrie's book indicates is the most difficult in terms of recovery.  I got home at 5 last evening, and today at 1 pm I got my suprapubic catheter removed because from my first bladder function test at the hospital I was emptying most of the urine on my own.

So far, so good.  Pain is only moderate and my Percocet's are working well for me.  I mostly feel like I've been kicked repeatedly in the pubic bone.  

I will keep you updated.
So glad to hear things are going well! Now be a good girl and get back on the couch. Important to lay low for a bit; give your body a chance to heal and don't forget to ice!
:)
Sher