Urogynecology Expert Forum
Testicle stuck to scrotum after hydrocelectomy

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

I am 17 years old and I had a surgery 3 months ago due to the hydrocele on my left testicle.After the surgery,I had a swelling which went away until now.They cut the scrotum from the front and I kinda feel that my left one is still pretty big when comparing it with the right one.But my main problem is that the left testicle is attached,glued to my scrotum,this is not normal for me.I asked the surgeon after  the surgery why is it stuck and he said some sh*t about blood and he told me that it should detach from the scrotum by itself in a month.But that did not happen even after 3 month.It is still attached and the scar is not fully healed although they said everything will look like new after one month.Why did the cut not heal entirely and why is my testicle stuck to my scrotum,it bothers me,I can not move it from there.And it hurts when i touch the spot where the testicle is attached to the scrotum.I am afraid that it will hurt me when I have sex because of the thrusting.And will that affect my fertility because I want to have kids some day?Can somebody please explain this for me because I do not know what to do?
Please refer your question to the urology forum.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD