Urogynecology Community
Tingling, gurgling feeling after I urinate

WELCOME TO THE UROGYNECOLOGY COMMUNITY for WOMEN: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Female Incontinence and Pelvic Floor disorders such as, Cystocele, Drooping Bladder, Intercourse Pain, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Vaginal Relaxation and Vulvodynia.

I have noticed that after I urinate, it still feels like I'm urinating. Nothing appears to be there, but its almost a "carbonation" or fizzing sensation in my urethra. It also happens sometimes when I'm just standing around, or sitting. I run to check to see if I've wet myself, or dribbled urine, and nothing is there. I've also noticed that my urethral opening is "open" most of the time. It used to be a little slit that I couldnt even really see.  I don't have any pain or burning, but am wondering if it has anything to do with the little "ball" of tissue that is protruding slightly from my vagina. I don't have health insurance, so I'm trying to research this on my own. I noticed the tissue probably a year ago...but honestly I thought that was the way we looked down there.  It must have happened gradually, and as embarassing as it is, I just thought it was a muscle and we all looked that way. I'm 43, never had children, and from the pictures I've seen, I think I might have a rectocele. I have no symptoms, other than this urination issue (that I've had for about 2 weeks), and difficult sex (that I've had for at least 5 years). Once he gets past the vaginal opening I'm ok, but this can take some time and patience. My main concern is whether this urination thing is part of the symptoms of a prolapse? Are their certain things I can do to strengthen the pelvic floor? Certain ones to avoid? Will sex make it worse?
That ball protruding from your vagina is a sure sign of pelvic organ prolapse Chris (read the 2nd post on the Urogynocology Forum, it has the basics of POP listed).

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Urogynecology/Taking-Pelvic-Organ-Prolapse-Out-of-the-Closet/show/1271553

It is more likely that you have a cystocele rather than a rectocele, that is bladder related and could explain the urethra issues. When the bladder prolapses the urethra often gets "crimped". Although vaginal childbirth is the leading cause of POP, as you will read in the post with the basics there are many causes. It is great that you have recognized there is an issue so you can take steps to address is b/4 it progresses. There are many treatment options for POP.

It would be helpful to know for sure what kind of POP you have (there are 5 types) and what degree (there are 4 degrees of severity), but I certainly understand financial concerns when there is no insurance. Doing Kegels will help you but it is important that they are done properly to truly be beneficial. There is an article I posted to MedHelp about Kegels, here is the link to that.

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Womens-Health/KEGELS-AND-KEGEL-BREATHING/show/1133?cid=591

Once you've read these articles, send me additional questions you have and I'll do my best to address them as they come in. It's hard to be specific without knowing more about your backdrop (what you do for work/exercise, that kind of thing). Once I have more info, it will be easier to give you suggestions. Know that there are millions of women around the world with POP, you are not alone. I'm so glad you discovered it when you did!

Sher