Urogynecology Expert Forum
Treatment for Overactive Bladder
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Treatment for Overactive Bladder

I have already tried Detrol and Ditropan.  Each one for two weeks.  They didn't help my problem at all.  I am now on Sanctura . . been on it for less than two weeks.  I stopped all caffeine drinks about a week ago.  I don't know if the Sanctura is helping my problem, or the lack of caffeine in my diet.  But, I've been somewhat better.  I still have some urgency at times, and I'm ok until I lift heavy packages or bear down to have a bowel movement.  Then I feel pressure in the pelvic area, and I feel as if I have to urinate all the time.
This is so complicated . . what can I do to feel better all he time?  Will this overactive bladder ever get better?  Do I have to take medication for the rest of my life?
Please let me hear from someone who can answer my questions.

Thank you . . .