Urogynecology Expert Forum
UTI, urethra caruncle, vulvadynia help
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

UTI, urethra caruncle, vulvadynia help

I have many of the topics listed but just need help with this. I have a urethral caruncle and urethra inflammation for years and am not able to wipe myself after urinating or I bleed so I do not wipe.  -- toilet paper, unscented baby wipes, etc.  Also can only wash the outside hair area with soap or I burn up for a week.  I do wash after a BM -- I have Crohns disease so I also have to insert vaseline a lot for inflammation in the anus... I get washed before and after.  Do not have normal UTI symptoms - do get grinding feeling and some shooting pains which I tend to attribute to the colon and did not have a UTI in years.  Then found out I had a proteus infection that Keflex 500 did nothing for so I was on 250 Levaquin and culture came back no growth but I think it is back and doc won't do another culture --   Started with 3,000 colonies which the lab does not even do a sensitivity test for and then went to over 100,000.  With my vulvadynia (splits and inflammation constantly) I am afraid it will get in my bloodstream - I have a heart murmur and all I need is endocarditis.  Doc said anything under 100,000 is not considered an infection but have so many abnormalities I am afraid.  How do I prevent UTIs?  I take Culturelle probiotic every day.  Am allergic to all antibiotics except Keflex and Levaquin families.   I get allergic to antibiotics over time so scared about when that will happen with these.  I even bleed from a PAP smear as the gyn has to use a scraper to get cells and am scheduled to have one soon..  If I still have some Proteus left or again can I get a blood infection --  PCP even said the insurance company gave her a warning that I had too many visits so she said I can only come in "sparingly" for anything......I had quite a lot of health problems lately thus the visits.  PCP thi8nks the infection came from the position of the handheld shower on a suction cup as the bursa on my knees swelled up and can't get washed with a cup after a BM anymore.  Thanks.
Tags: Urethra
1344197_tn?1392822771
Sorry to read of your problem.  Not sure how an insurance company is involved in the number of doctor visits unless they think they are unnecessary.  You can get a kidney infection from untreated UTI's.  Symptoms of back pain with fever are often signs.  I would suggest you see your doctor or seek a second opinion with a urologist.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1344197_tn?1392822771
J. Kyle Mathews, MD, DVMBlank
Plano Urogynecology Associates
Plano, TX
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now