UTI getting worse?
I started noticing that I was urinating VERY frequently starting a little over a week ago. I was constantly going to the bathroom and when I would go, barely any urine would come out. I didn't have any burning, but I knew the feeling well because I have had a few UTI's in the last couple of years. I made an appointment with the clinic two days after I noticed this feeling and they tested my urine and said I had a high white blood cell level in my urine and they were sure it was an infection and gave me a three day course of Cipro. The Cipro didn't help. By the end of the course, my symptoms were just as bad, and I began to feel back pain. I returned to the clinic and they sent my urine off for a culture (not sure when I will hear back about that) and they also put me on a week of Macrodantin, which I have been taking for 3 or 4 days now. The frequent urination has definitely decreased. I still go more than normal and occasionally only pass a small amount of urine, but the urgency is not as intense and I can easily control it or go a few hours without using the bathroom if I'm distracted. Basically it doesn't interfere with my life as much now. But today I woke up with body aches and a cold sweat. I also felt a little nauseous but not to the point of vomiting. I have had a fever on and off throughout the day as well. The aches get better with Tylenol and I was able to go to work, but I am still very worried. Could these antibiotics also not be working? Could the infection actually be spreading even though I'm taking the antibiotics when I'm supposed to? I'm also drinking lots of water. I'm not drinking anything caffeinated either. Most of my back pain is lower back pain though when I am having body aches, my entire back hurts. I am going back to the clinic tomorrow. I am very worried though. Any advice or insight? I'm afraid that this could be a kidney infection!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.