Urogynecology Expert Forum
UTI led to Yeast Infection
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

UTI led to Yeast Infection

I recently had a UTI and was treated with Bactrim. While taking the medication, I developed a yeast infection and my doctor called me in a vaginal insert to treat it. My antibiotics will run out on Thursday morning and I was wondering how long I should wait after completing the antibiotics before using the yeast infection medication- I didn't know if the antibiotics needed to be completely out of my system so it wont counteract with the yeast infection treatment. I want to make sure that the yeast infection goes away!