Urogynecology Expert Forum
Urinary problems?

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Urinary problems?

Hi I'm a 19yr old college student with a bf of 4 months and I drink 2 to 3 times a week. We've been in sexual relationship for about 2 months (I’m still a virgin, but have given a *******, been eaten out, and fingered). My parents don't know I have a bf or my drinking because its not really acceptable with my middle eastern culture. About a month ago, my doctor diagnosed me with a UTI. I took the medicine and was cured. I wasnt able to be honest to my doctor about being in a sexual relationship or that I drink because my mom was in the room. I believe it was caused from fingering which occerred about a day or 2 before it.

What's been bothering me is about a week or 2 ago I experienced the same UTI symptoms again but for one day. I had the urge to pee, felt uncomfortable while peeing, and would drip a tiny bit of blood when I finished urinating. This wasn't caused by my period because that ended a 2 weeks before. Since then, I've experienced itching inside my vagina. It's not painful or constant but comes and goes occasionally. My urine also smells strange. It isn't foul, just smells weird. Nothing is wrong with my discharge; it looks and smells the same. Also when I finish peeing, I don't experience pain and am not uncomfortable, but I feel like I need to pee a bit more but I know all my urine is out so it doesn't bother me. I also dont have to pee frequently. I pee a normal amount of times within a day and my pee looks the same.

I'm scared to see my Dr. because my mom always comes and stays in the room and I can't be honest. I believe fingering is the cause. I was hoping it'd cure itself but I dont think it is.

I’d like to know what my symptoms might be signaling. I don't really think it's a UTI again. Researching has not helped me find a possible cause and what I can do to cure it without a dr's intervention. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Oh my bf has had sexual relationships before and isn't a virgin. He is the only real sexual partner I’ve had
Your symptoms suggest some irritation which may or may not be from an infection.  You may try an over the counter yeast medication like Monostat & see if this helps.  If your symptoms presist you may need to see a doctor.  Thank you for you question.  Dr. Mathews