Urine Leakage when coughing/painful intercourse
64 year old woman w/occasional urine leakage when coughing, sneezing...This has been happening for about a year....better since I started Kegel and regular exercise program.

I've had painful intercourse for many years and visited many doctors.  Had pelvic x-ray - all OK, tried every lubricant and even saw a hormone doc.  Still no change.  

My new GP told me to see a urogynecologist, but I honestly hate to go down another dead end road and spend so much more $$ since my insurance doesn't pay for much.

Input appreciated.
Hi, I understand your concern about whether it is "worth it" to see an urogynecologist for your symptons.  I believe it is worthwhile.  Their speciality are the female organs and urology.  You state that you have occasional urine leakage and painful intercouse which both can be addressed by an experienced urogyne.  The pelvic area is very complex with organs, muscles and nerves which can be addressed best by a urogyne.  Pelvic organ prolapse is  another common occurrence that can be best addressed by a urogyne.  Sometimes physical therapy for pelvic pain can also be recommended by a urogynecologist.  As you can see, I agree with your GP that a urogynecologist would be the next best step to address your problems.  Good luck to you.