Urogynecology Expert Forum
Urine coming from vagina with bad smell
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Urine coming from vagina with bad smell

This has began happening to me ,I'm 18 but i began to notice it at the begging of last year (so 17) i noticedwhen I go to the restroom it comes out of my urethra and only afterwards maybe sometimes 5 minutes later do I notice that it comes from my vagina. I use a pad because sometimes it's a lot I also noticed whenever i wear a pad that it here is a really bad smell that I know is coming from my number 1.... Is there something I can do ??? ..I don't want to to go the the doctor and I tried using a tampon but I didn't work..I'm really tired of going to the bathroom and using pads please help me ...thanks
1344197_tn?1392822771
Sorry to read of your problem.  I would suggest you see your OBGYN for an exam.  It would be unlikely that you have a fistula unless you have a history of vaginal surgery or trauma from vaginal birth.  Ectopic ureter is possible but I would expect you to leak all the time and have noticed this at an earlier age. An examination is necessary to determine what is going on.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD

2 Comments
Blank
If you really think urine is coming from your vagina and not your urethra then in my opinion you really do need to see a doctor. a bad smell would suggest an infection.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1344197_tn?1392822771
J. Kyle Mathews, MD, DVMBlank
Plano Urogynecology Associates
Plano, TX
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now