Urogynecology Expert Forum
Urine coming from vagina with bad smell

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Urine coming from vagina with bad smell

This has began happening to me ,I'm 18 but i began to notice it at the begging of last year (so 17) i noticedwhen I go to the restroom it comes out of my urethra and only afterwards maybe sometimes 5 minutes later do I notice that it comes from my vagina. I use a pad because sometimes it's a lot I also noticed whenever i wear a pad that it here is a really bad smell that I know is coming from my number 1.... Is there something I can do ??? ..I don't want to to go the the doctor and I tried using a tampon but I didn't work..I'm really tired of going to the bathroom and using pads please help me ...thanks
Sorry to read of your problem.  I would suggest you see your OBGYN for an exam.  It would be unlikely that you have a fistula unless you have a history of vaginal surgery or trauma from vaginal birth.  Ectopic ureter is possible but I would expect you to leak all the time and have noticed this at an earlier age. An examination is necessary to determine what is going on.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD

If you really think urine is coming from your vagina and not your urethra then in my opinion you really do need to see a doctor. a bad smell would suggest an infection.