Urogynecology Expert Forum
Urogynecology post op
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Urogynecology post op

I am 2 mos post op and there's a knife like paiin with sex, in one small spot just inside the vaginal opening.  My exam revealed nothing.... Is there ANYWHERE online I can go to chat or message with post- op patients like me that had rectocele, cystocele and vaginal vault surgery?  HELP!
I need to connect with someone that knows what I'm talking about!
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
Don't dispair, get some KY jelly or other good product to provide more lubrication and try again.  If you only have one spot you are probably lucky.  I waited 3 months and it burned all around the opening.  The nurse said it would take  3-4 times before the pain would go away.  Use the lubricant and it will help.  Good luck!
Blank
1727909_tn?1314848810
Thank you for sharing!  We've tried 3 different lubes--- LOTS of  it! LOL  
Sometimes you get this "funny feeling" something else is wrong---- that's the feeling I've got.  I'm making an appt for 3 weeks from now (I don't have the gas $$ to drive 4 hrs to Cleveland Clinic right now)  I want them to really look hard.  I won't leave that office until they find what it is.... I'll post again then.
Blank
sorry it wasn't as simple as a good lube.....you are right to see the dr. again and not give up till you get an answer.. good luck..
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank