Urogynecology Expert Forum
Urogynecology post op
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Urogynecology post op

I am 2 mos post op and there's a knife like paiin with sex, in one small spot just inside the vaginal opening.  My exam revealed nothing.... Is there ANYWHERE online I can go to chat or message with post- op patients like me that had rectocele, cystocele and vaginal vault surgery?  HELP!
I need to connect with someone that knows what I'm talking about!
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
Don't dispair, get some KY jelly or other good product to provide more lubrication and try again.  If you only have one spot you are probably lucky.  I waited 3 months and it burned all around the opening.  The nurse said it would take  3-4 times before the pain would go away.  Use the lubricant and it will help.  Good luck!
Blank
1727909_tn?1314848810
Thank you for sharing!  We've tried 3 different lubes--- LOTS of  it! LOL  
Sometimes you get this "funny feeling" something else is wrong---- that's the feeling I've got.  I'm making an appt for 3 weeks from now (I don't have the gas $$ to drive 4 hrs to Cleveland Clinic right now)  I want them to really look hard.  I won't leave that office until they find what it is.... I'll post again then.
Blank
sorry it wasn't as simple as a good lube.....you are right to see the dr. again and not give up till you get an answer.. good luck..
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1344197_tn?1392822771
J. Kyle Mathews, MD, DVMBlank
Plano Urogynecology Associates
Plano, TX
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now