Urogynecology Expert Forum
Urogynecology post op

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Urogynecology post op
I am 2 mos post op and there's a knife like paiin with sex, in one small spot just inside the vaginal opening.  My exam revealed nothing.... Is there ANYWHERE online I can go to chat or message with post- op patients like me that had rectocele, cystocele and vaginal vault surgery?  HELP!
I need to connect with someone that knows what I'm talking about!
Don't dispair, get some KY jelly or other good product to provide more lubrication and try again.  If you only have one spot you are probably lucky.  I waited 3 months and it burned all around the opening.  The nurse said it would take  3-4 times before the pain would go away.  Use the lubricant and it will help.  Good luck!
Thank you for sharing!  We've tried 3 different lubes--- LOTS of  it! LOL  
Sometimes you get this "funny feeling" something else is wrong---- that's the feeling I've got.  I'm making an appt for 3 weeks from now (I don't have the gas $$ to drive 4 hrs to Cleveland Clinic right now)  I want them to really look hard.  I won't leave that office until they find what it is.... I'll post again then.
sorry it wasn't as simple as a good lube.....you are right to see the dr. again and not give up till you get an answer.. good luck..