Urogynecology Expert Forum
Uti - citrobacter koseri
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Uti - citrobacter koseri

Hi

I am a healthy 27 year old female with an unremarkable medical history. Over the past 4 months I have had two uti's 2 months apart. Also, I am nursing my child. Each uti has been caused by citrobacter koseri. First time symptoms went away without proper treatment. Second time treated with omnicef for lack of better antibiotic I assume because I am nursing. I have been reading online that this bacteria rarely causes uti's with the exception of those who are immunocompromised. My question is: should I be worried something more serious is going on? Could this be due to changes in my unitary tract related to hormones and nursing? I want to figure this out before we try and get pregnant again.

Thank you,

Ajun
1344197_tn?1392822771
I would suggest that you see your doctor and consider a urine culture for test of  cure.  Should you continue to get your urinary track infections, I would suggest you see a urologist or urogynecologist for evaluation.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1344197_tn?1392822771
J. Kyle Mathews, MD, DVMBlank
Plano Urogynecology Associates
Plano, TX
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now