Urogynecology Community
Vaginal itching

WELCOME TO THE UROGYNECOLOGY COMMUNITY for WOMEN: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Female Incontinence and Pelvic Floor disorders such as, Cystocele, Drooping Bladder, Intercourse Pain, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Vaginal Relaxation and Vulvodynia.

Vaginal itching

I have a small rash that resembles a heat rash that comes and goes around my vaginal area. It was brought on I believe by a new soap that i used a few weeks ago. Its pretty itchy at times but it comes and goes. I have been able to suppress the itching somewhat by using Zeasorb powder, that has not gotten rid of it completley though. When this has happened in the past I have changed back soaps and everything went back to normal, this time though it seems to be lazily hanging on. I have also tried cortizone creams and that didn't help at all. I have some Mupirocin ointment that the dr prescribed awhile back, can I use this will it help?
I have heard a lot of women report good results with Aloe Vera gel. It helps with inflammation and irritation and believe it is best to buy at a health food store.  I am not sure the products that are sold elsewhere have other ingredients in them that might not be beneficial.