Vesicovaginal Fistula from hysterectomy what are my options
Hi, I would like to know what I am to expect. I had a hysterectomy on April 28, 2011 and now I was diagnosed with a VVF (vesicovaginal fistula) from the surgery. I am wearing a catheter and my urologist is taking a wait and see approach for 14 days.
The uncomfortably is horrible, but also the fact that I am facing a repair surgery that is expected to be a much more extensive surgery than the hysterectomy.
I would like to know if there is any success with the vaginal approach to this repair surgery. I am told that the abdominal surgery is the only one to ensure that it would be a success, but I really would like to know more about it. I am told I will have to wear a catheter after that surgery and it may not even take.
Please let me know if there is any experience with this. I would like to know what my options are. I am devastated that I have to go through another surgery right away and then it may not even fix this issue.
Thank you.
Hi Tina,

Please place this post in the Urogynecology Forum on the physician side; this forum is for pelvic organ prolapse and I feel you should have a urogynecologist address this. They will be able to address your concerns. A urogynecologist address all pelvic area procedures not just urology, I'm sure he will be able to guide you. I'll send an email to one of them to let them know about this post coming in. Good luck with the procedure, I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Sher