Urogynecology Community
What can I do UGHHHHHHHH

WELCOME TO THE UROGYNECOLOGY COMMUNITY for WOMEN: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Female Incontinence and Pelvic Floor disorders such as, Cystocele, Drooping Bladder, Intercourse Pain, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Vaginal Relaxation and Vulvodynia.

What can I do UGHHHHHHHH

Hi all,
It has been months since I have posted but I need to figure out a solutions to this issue and am hoping that someone has had similiar exp. I had a TAH in May of 2010 due to high risk hpv and severe endo. Before surgery no urinary problems since many. I feel like I need to gp all the time and I have leakage issues. I have leakage :slightly" during intercourse as well and am wanting to get my body in shape as much as possible but am scared to do more damage as all of my muscles are weak now. I do kegel and that helps a lot. My urologist had me stop taking enablex which helped with leakage but created more problems. constipation dry everything awful exp.He gave me cymbalta to take for the past 6 months and as crazy as it is it works for the leaking but again other issues. Feeling dizzy over hyper and crazy at times sooo I am no longer taking it Please tell me that there is something that I can do to fix this even if it means surgery again I can't stand this to much longer. He tested me and said that my bladder is ok my urethra is not stable since hyst. I am currently looking for a better dr as I hate the fact that he used me as a genie pig. My problem is I really suck at choosing drs. What can I do,please help :( I am miserable and am scared to death that I will urinate on my hubby during intercourse.
Know that you are not alone with that anxiety sweetpea, many women feel the same way and have the same fears. Can you send in details again about your backdrop to refresh my memory (what surgery, reason for surgery, age, all symptoms, that kind of thing, I just can't remember). Will probably be tomorrow b/4 I can reply, huge project in the works today.
Hang in there, I'll help you find a good urogyn too if you need me too! To do that I'll need you to PM (private message) me your location.
Sher
Hi Sherrie,

I had a tah in May due to severe endometriosis.I had constent pain and heavy bleeding monthly. For 2 years I endured pain that turned me into a not nice person :( my gyn did several tests as well as biopsy and found no serious issues. She did find high risk hpv as well as Pre-cancerous cells"which made me lean more toward hyst". I am 44 and thought it best to not have repeat surgeries with endo so choose the hysterectomy thinking that I could get back to my life pain free. After surgery I was having bladder leakage a lot standing was worse of course but even happened while sitting. When the 1st dr did the laproscopic surgery in March she told me that she was a little worried about my urethra as the endo was all over it. I did give the surgeon a copy of my records and let him know what she said about urethra. Today here I am trying to figure out my best options. I hat the enablex while it prevents serious leakage it makes EVERYTHING dry. My eyes,nose throat and worse of all when I go to the bathroom"after days of trying" it feels like rocks are coming out.So I feel I need to have surgery to get rid of these issues and also to be able to get back in shape somewhat.My fears are that it will only make things worse. I appreciate any insight I can get to help me decide what to do.
Again
Thank You Sherrie you have helped MANY women and that's awesome :)
I sent a reply to PM but should have read this first. Endo really complicates everything, I feel more strongly than ever that it is vital that you consult with a urogyn. That you have leakage while sitting truly indicates something needs to be addressed. There has to be a path that will improve your quality of life without the irritating side effects of the medication. How painful is it to insert a tampon? If you can insert a tampon with no difficulty despite the endo, I would think a pessary would be a good option for you at least while you are figuing out what else to do-it should control the leakage. Another option is Incostress, I'm going to PM you a link to check this out. There are so many treatment options for POP but yours is a special case because the endo needs to be addressed too. I'll send that link over with a note now.