Urogynecology Expert Forum
What should I do grade 3 rectocele and cystocele

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

I am trying to figure out when is the best time for surgery for a stage 3 rectocele and stage 3 cystocele.  I just had a obtryx sling put in in Dec., but now I have a larger cystocele.  I believe the dr. would to the davinci method and give me a complete hysterectomy and use mesh to attach it to the pelvic bone. Is it better to wait or better to do it sooner than later.

I like the member would wonder why your doctor did not repair they cystocele and rectocele at the time of the sling.  That said, I would suggest you get your SECOND surgery whenever you wish.  There really is no time frame give you only had a sling done.  As far as doing it Robotically vs Vaginally, both are acceptable methods of repair.  I tend to do everything vaginally, while others like to uses the robot.  It is an appropriate question to ask though as to why he or she prefers the robot.  
i can't  imagine why your Dr. did not do the sling and the rectocele and cystocele at the same time .  My Dr. did all 3 at the same time.  I know this doesn't help now but wonder where your dr. was???  I would be mad if I had to do another surgery.
Is it better to use a mesh sling or to use donar tissue?  My obgyn wants to use the donar tissue and do a historectomy with cystocel and rectocel repair at the same time
Check out the Urogynecology Community MedHelp page and Sherrie Palms book "Pelvic Organ Prolapse The Silent Epidemic."  I had a stage III POP surgery in Jan and doing just fine so far.  I go for my 8 week check up tomorrow.  I was scared out of my wits when I was diagnosed and was searching every avenue I could to get answers that I didn't seem to be getting from my gynecologist.  He referred me to a urogynecologist that answered every question, every anxiety, and showed diagrams of what was happening to me and calmed my fears by saying it was "life altering" and not "life threatening."  I, also, sent a request to the Dr Oz show and he did a segment on Pelvic Organ Prolapse titled "Suffering in Silence."  The video of the segment should still be up on his web page.  The one thing I learned in all of my research and even Dr. Oz agreed that this type of surgery should be done by a urogynecologist.  Most definitely not by two different doctors (OB/gynecologist for one procedure and a urologist for another).  I hope this info is helpful.