Urogynecology Expert Forum
abdominal lump

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

abdominal lump
I have had a hysterectomy 2 years ago. Also an inguinal hernia 1 year ago. A lump has been found in my lower right abdomen.  CT scan and ultrasound showed nothing. Dr. has ordered a laparoscopy. Is this necessary? Will it show anything the other tests haven't shown? Have also had constipation for quite a while. Have a history of adhesions from ovarian cysts.
confusing picture. can you feel the lump under the skin? or was it found on bimanual examination?

If it is under the skin, the laparoscopy will not see it. if it was found on bimanual examination, then th eultrasound should have seen it.

Ask your doctor why the laparoscopy was ordered. The answer should make sense to you, or you should not do it.