Urogynecology Expert Forum
bladder pain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

bladder pain

I developed a uti while on zithromax for a sinus/chest infection, was put on septra ds , symptoms only got slightly better, then got worse, was then put on macrobid an symptoms have not been relieved,
symptoms are : pain in bladder area, all the way down to urethra,having to void q 1/2 hr, some blood seen on paper when wiping,unable to walk too much as pain and pressure in pelvic area increases, went to ER ,they did a urine dip -showed no infection (but I am still taking the macrobid) did an ultra sound -they said it was normal! I am in so much pain and discomfort i do not know what to do-They have not got the urine culture back yet and so refused to give me another antibiotic . From my symptoms alone I think I still have a uti and as soon as i finish the macrobid it will get much worse. please advise what tests should be done and what meds they should be putting me on?? I am thinking cipro might be the one I need? i have also had right flank pain as well (aching) . About 3 weeks ago, i had a dental implant done, then i became sick. Could this have a bearing on my uti??
please advise,
thank you