Urogynecology Expert Forum
can UTI's go away on it's own?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

can UTI's go away on it's own?

Last week I seemed to have all the classic symptoms of a UTI. Foul cloudy urine, pain while urinating, waking up at night just to urinate as well as visual blood in my urine.

I called the doctor and I made an appointment. The next day my symptoms seemed to clear away I still have not gone to my appointment yet and I was wondering if I should still keep my appointment because all of my symptoms have went away on its own. I was wondering if i may IC and not a UTI because I did not think a UTI could clear on its own without any antibiotics.

Should I still see my doctor when my urine seems perfectly clear?

Lisa