Urogynecology Expert Forum
can a early postpartum cystocele/rectpcele heal itself?

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

I am 4 weeks pp and found  grade 1 cystocele and rectocele. I'm devestated:( My OB doesnt really seem bothered by it. he has me using vaginal estrogen cream which has helped to a certain point but i still feel it inside:( he told me by three months and with doing kegals it should go away as it wasnt there before delivery. I am skeptical as everything i read on the net says other wise. has anyone had theres heal pp and how long?
Congradulations on your new arrival.  Regarding your question,  the extent of vaginal relaxation, cystocele, rectocele, etc. really can not be adaquately evaluated until you have completely healed from your delivery.  Just like your abdominal muscles, the muscles of your pelvis and vagina need time to heal.  I would recommend you give yourself 6 months to heal and then be evaluated.  Continue to do your pelvic floor exercises, Kegals. While it is true that vaginal delivery often leads to pelvic organ prolapse what you are seeing or feeling at  4 to 6 weeks PP IS NOT what you will end up with. You may find that much of your concern was unwarranted.  Good luck.
Mine had the same attitude.  He said to come back in 4 weeks.  It was worse.  Now it is a stage 3.  I need to have surgery.  Get another opinion.
oh god!! I hope that is not the case for me too! Sorry you had a worse outcome:( I feel like its better than what it was but I'm scared to do anything....I was so active before and during my pregnancy. Now I feel depressed and isolated. Hard to enjoy myself and baby with this issue. I am going to see a pelvic floor specialist in afew weeks and maybe she can give me a more realistic approach?