Urogynecology Expert Forum
desperate/confused 21yr old with Cauda Equina Syndrome
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

desperate/confused 21yr old with Cauda Equina Syndrome

In 2008 i was sent to the er for really bad back pain i couldn't walk or anything. B4 my surgery my nerves to use the restroom shot down i couldn't urinate or have a bowl movement on my own. I continue to have this problem til this day. I had several procedures done to try & wake these nerves up but nothing. Because of this problem i get alot of Uti's. I'm scared with all the uti's i get & just with how my body functions now, if i will ever be able to have a baby. My bottom half is still kind of numb so i wonder if that will cause a problem as well. I just want some answers to clear my mind. Pleeaasseee & thank you
1344197_tn?1392822771
Sorry to read of your problem.  Cauda Equina Syndrome should not affect your fertility.  However, depending on what caused your condition, ruptured disk, spinal stenosis, etc., pregnancy could make your condition worse.  I would suggest you consult with your doctor regarding the specific risks.  If you are not at risk of making your condition worse, then pregnancy should be possible and relatively routine other than the issues related to Cauda Equina Syndrom (syndrome), Constipation, Incontinence, etc.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1344197_tn?1392822771
J. Kyle Mathews, MD, DVMBlank
Plano Urogynecology Associates
Plano, TX
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now