Urogynecology Expert Forum
do these slings ever come loose on one side

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

for several months I have had a nagging pain across the front of my groin, I had the Monarc put in a few years ago.  It is not severe, just irritating so I ignored it.  About 5 days ago I stood up from a chair and immediatly had pain on the right side of my groin and high in the upper thigh.  The pain is less now, but I still have a lot of pain especially in the upper thigh and have a problem lifting the leg.  I can walk but trying to get the leg in the car or even up on the bed is difficult.  If the Monarc did break loose, is there danger of it damaging other internal organs if not anchored on both sides.  
It is unlikely this issue is the result of your Monarc Sling.  You may have "pulled your groin" .  I would suggest you see your doctor for an examination.  Slings can fail but usually do not cause pain.  Usually you just see a return of incontinence.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD