Urogynecology Expert Forum
garlicy urine odor
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

garlicy urine odor

I have noticed a very strong garlic type odor to when I urinate for the last four or five days. I notice that it is especially strong during the first void of the day. There are no other symptoms (burning, urgency, itching). I did take a sulfa antibiotic last week for three days. I have searched for an answer as to this odor to no luck.