Urogynecology Community
groin and right side pain years after hysterectomy

WELCOME TO THE UROGYNECOLOGY COMMUNITY for WOMEN: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Female Incontinence and Pelvic Floor disorders such as, Cystocele, Drooping Bladder, Intercourse Pain, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Vaginal Relaxation and Vulvodynia.

Had a vaginal hysterectomy due to prolapse.  Had pain in right side before, and was told that was the cause.  Now about 6 years later, pain has returned.  The first time this time had to take time off, couldn't lift my leg, and the pain went into my right groin area..  Dr thought it might be a hernia, because the pain returned after lifting at work, and is triggered everytime I do heavy lifting.  Had a CT, only said I had some osteoarthritis in hip, but not that bad.  Had a sling put in to hold bladder.  When I have the pain, it is painful to have a bowel movement.  Have had two heart caths, both on that side.  Getting very frustrated.
It sure sounds like POP stuff going on. Many women have pain related to POP, sometimes it is sciatica but can also be back, abdomen, vaginal, or rectal pain. As pelvic organ prolapse advances to a higher grade of severity, the organs get more and more displaced and put pressure on different areas of the pelvic cavity. Do you have constipation too? Take a look at the following post which describes different POP symptoms to see if any of them fit. If they do, it would be a good idea to see a physician for evaluation for pelvic organ prolapse. If you do indeed have POP issues (the bladder sling was for cystocele- a type of POP- so you've already had one type), it's a good idea to see a urogynecologist for treatment options-there are both surgical and nonsurgical treatments for POP.

Here's that link to check-

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Urogynecology/Taking-Pelvic-Organ-Prolapse-Out-of-the-Closet/show/1271553

Good luck, I hope you get some answers soon. I don't think the heart caths are related to the pain but it would be a good idea to mention that to the physician you see for evaltuation.

If you have more questions after reading the post about POP basics, give me a shout!
Sher
Thankyou for your indo, it sounds like this may be my problem, now just have to find a doctor to help get this under control.  I work for an auto parts store, and lift heavy batteries into cars, and other heavy items, plus stand on my feet for up to 8 or 10 hours at a stretch.  I am 61, and I wish I could cut back on the lifting, but have to work, usually only one other person up front with me, a younger kid, and a guy my age, both have radar, and seem to dissapear the second someone comes through the door for a battery.  Only one person I work with even offers to help, I guess they just assume I can do it.  I am not real feminate looking, and we use to have a younger girl, who was as the guys put it, eye candy, they practically fell over themselves to help her....so not fair.  Oh well we do what we have to.  Again thankyou for you advice.  Three wonderful kids and five grands, are worth one POP.   Have a great day  :)
Yes, the repetetive heavy lifting coupled with standing on your feet all day are contributing to POP for sure! Try getting one of those support garments (you can find them at Kohls, Walmart, Target, almost any place now), much more user friendly than the old style girdles used to be. It will help with discomfort until you can get things checked out.

I understand exactly what you are saying about the "help" scenario-ridiculous. Talk to your boss about gettting you a wagon or hand truck, the customers can put the battery on the wagon/handtruck and you can roll it to the back-would cut back on lifting.

I love your attitude-3 kids/5 grandkids, worth one POP-you rock! I'm going to share that insight with others through APOPS!