Urogynecology Expert Forum
labial fusion

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

labial fusion

My two year old daughter has labial fusions. We did one round of Premarin and had the doctor open the fusion (not surgically, but with a q-tip, as the fusion was not thick).
The fusion keeps returning. My pediatrician said it was okay to continue using the Premarin as its not going into her blood stream. She does not complain about it hurting and has no trouble urinating and I've read that it will correct itself once she hits puberty....is this true?
Also, it's looking like she's getting peach fuzz on her vaginal area - is this because of the estrogen cream, even though we're putting it on the inside??
Not sure if I should wait it out or take her back to the surgeon and have it taken care of since she doesn't complain of pain.
Apologies for missing your question.
This is a topic better served by the reproductive endocrinology forum. However, even though the premarin does not get substantially absorbed into the bloodstream, the localized premarin may stimulate some adult style changes (e.g., the peach fuzz) in the vulva area. PLease check with Dr. Plosker's forum.

Dr. Hoyte
This doc is really slow at answering questions.  Maybe the women on the women's health forums will have some ideas.  To me though,  I would say that the hormones in premarin are causing the peach fuzz.   You can always get a second opinion.  I think I would.  good luck.