Urogynecology Expert Forum
major problems after rectocele

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

major problems after rectocele

Had a rectocle repair and have never recovered. I left my doctor of 12 years, found a new physcian and a pelvic floor physical therapist.
       10 weeks after my rectocle my new physcian could not complete an exam, I was to painful . I was hospitalized and sedated so she could to a complete examination. She also did ...massage  working on moving my old and new adheasions, did my first set trigger point injections and Pudendal Block.  I fwas told  I was full of adhesions from a past spinal fusion and hyterectomy and new adhesions from the rectocle. Also, a Pudendal Nerve issue, my vagina is too tight, it is not placed in the right position, and as you enter the opening of the vagina it stops and goes to the right. My rectum is too high and also to tight.  I have many issues with bowel movements... My new physcian believes I should have reconstructive surgery... in the future..
      I spend most of my time going to PT and for trigger point injections....

After all that said, did my surgeon mess up? I am skeptical to come right out and asked my new physican. I know they do not like to go against each other.
HELP!
Sorry to read of your problem.  Determining exactly what happened is difficult with out review of your records and examination.  It is difficult to determine if your problem is from an over correction of the rectocele or scarring  from the surgery.   I would encourage you to ask your new doctor if he or she is qualified to evaluate this problem or consider getting a second opinion for a doctor in the Urogynecology or Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery Department at a university.