needing advice pls
Hello to Sherri and everyone,
I am having some major complications from a rectocele and vaginal vault prolapse. I have had a vag hyst and a cystocele repair in the last year. Now the rest has fell down. A GYN did the surgeries, I can not find a urogyn in my area. I do have another gyn now who seems very knowlegeable, but you know they deliver babies most of the time and I wonder how many of the POP surgeries they really do. I live in the 46350 area. They both try to recommend the pessary, but now I see it coming down around the pessary. I have such lower back pain with sciatica and constipation. I guess I am asking you all if a gyn can operate and get a difficult pelvic floor repaired.I am 56 yr old by the way, and have hep c on top of all these complications!
Vaginal vault POP occurs in about 1/3 of women who have POP surgery and it often comes with rectocele-I am glad you want to contact a urogyn whether for treatment or surgical advice. They can help you with either path and they are truly the experts in this field. They are pelvic floor specialists and best choice for treatment. The constipation is classic rectocele issue and many women have sciatica as well. There are many shapes and sizes of pessaries so one may help if that is the direction you want to go; know that there are other treatment options as well. If you choose to have surgery you truly should seek advice from urogyn, I believe you will get the best success from surgical procedure with this POP specialist. Many other types of physicians perform POP surgery but are not as experienced and risk of complications goes up. A good urogyn will not try to persuade you to have or not have surgery, you will be given the choice and the treatment path will be determined by that choice.

Good luck, hang in there, once you find a urogyn things should improve.

Sher