Urogynecology Expert Forum
orgasm after vaginal sling surgery

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

orgasm after vaginal sling surgery
I had vaginal sling surgery a week ago and am feeling good, little discomfort but nothing thats unmanagable. I am fully aware that for the next 4 to 6 weeks I am not to have intercourse or as my doctor said "nothing in the vagina" which previous to the surgery was OK with me, because i had a low sex drive. Now only after one week i am feeling the need not to have intercourse but to at least play with my husband and for me to have an orgasm. Will this be OK? Will it affect my surgery? What can I do to not only satisfy my husband but to also satisfy myself? By the way i did not have intercourse or any other type of satisfaction a week previous to my surgery because since my sex drive is low, I did not urge it...HELP
As long as you have no vaginal penetration, I cannot see how you could harm the surgery.  Sexual play without penetration is going to be ok.
A related discussion, Incontinence was started.
A related discussion, My mom had surgery yesterday was started.
A related discussion, is sex painful after colpopexy surgery was started.