Urogynecology Community
rectocele repair
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE UROGYNECOLOGY COMMUNITY for WOMEN: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Female Incontinence and Pelvic Floor disorders such as, Cystocele, Drooping Bladder, Intercourse Pain, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Vaginal Relaxation and Vulvodynia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

rectocele repair

I am 10 weeks post-op.  Rectocele only.  Stitches only no mesh.  Doc checked at 8 weeks and said i was healing nicely.  Bladder and uterus well supported.  My only problem is i have pressure back at the rectum area and sometimes it feels like it moves into the vagina area.  It seems to go back and forth.  Sometimes the pressure gets started when i sit and doesn/t go away.  Sometimes it helps to pass gas.  

Why am i having trouble?  Am i trapping gas and it just sits there?  Sometimes i feel like i have to lay down to get the gas to come out.  Could that muscle levitor ani be to tight?  I am trying hot baths and message my butt.  Trying ice too.  Should i try a muscle relaxer??   Something over the counter to see if it works????

Am i doing this to myself???
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1128665_tn?1269277071
Please post this to the dr side of forum, since we have talked about the majority of this and I am  unable to provide the answers you need, give the urogyn's on the dr side of forum a shot. I can not transfer your posts you need to post on that side directly.
I'm hopeful they will be able to give you more beneficial info that I was.
1344197_tn?1392822771
It is difficult to say what the exact cause of your complaint.  It has been a relatively short time since your surgery & your symptoms may improve with time.  Adequate hydration, anti gas agents, stool softeners may be helpful. Should your problems presist I would be suspicious that a "high rectocele" may be present.  This should be evident on exam in most cases.  
Blank
Hi Sherrie, I have not posted since March of this year and was hoping things were going to get better and they have to a certain degree, but just when I think they are I have another UTI or inflamation (inflammation) in the bladder I am constantly on antibiotics for maintenance.  You said you would help me to find a urogynecologist in my area of San Diego, CA, hope you know of someone.
Thanks for all your help.
Blank
1128665_tn?1269277071
So sorry to hear of continuing flags, I'm going to dig for urogyn right now and send you a PM with details.

Sher
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urogynecology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank