recurrent cystocele
I  had a total hysterectomy , vaginal vault suspension to sacralspinal ligament, A/P repair in feb. rectocele resolved, vaginal cuff good, cystocele returned and getting worse. I am 50 yo, I run, bike ,strength train  and I am a nurse in open heart surgery, The complication rates with mesh are not acceptable, especially for a active person. what are my options? I am trying a pessary but it makes me sore and only works at times. I am healthy otherwise and do not want to sit on my behind,
Your experience is not uncommon.  Traditional "native tissue" repairs of the anterior vaginal wall have a failure rate of as high as 40%  in some studies.   Unfortunately your options are limited without the use of mesh.  You might consider a graft such as Biodesign SIS, Axis dermis, or another absorbable material.  These have a better success rate but still have a 15 to 20%  failure rate in my practice.  thank you for your question.