Urogynecology Expert Forum
shooting pain with UTI, please help!!!
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

shooting pain with UTI, please help!!!

Thanks very much for your help!  
Dear Doctor,  I had painful urination with shooting pain in the lower abdomen even after 3 days of cipro.  I took 40 tablets, 163mg methanamine/tablet of Cystex which converts to formaldehyde but I still have a little pain.  
I also have nerve numbness and no sensitivity in the genital area- I have prediabetes.  I have a small round dark red abscess and red streaks on my inner thigh, maybe from prednisone.  Is there anything I can do for the nerve damage please?
1344197_tn?1392822771
Control of your blood sugar will help with progression of "nerve damage".  I would however suggest you see a neurologist if you are experiencing significant numbness with loss of sensitivity.  This should be investigated further and wold be an unusual finding in a 'prediabetic".     I would suggest you see your doctor for a urine culture and possible change in antibiotic.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD
3 Comments
Blank
I read that cystex is good since bacteria can't develop resistance to formaldehyde?  I took 80 tablets of it with 7 days of cipro but still feel a little pain in the lower abdomen, but my urine is clear

I take metformin sometimes but it gives me nausea.  I read also metformin is good for preventing Alzheimer's
Blank
no the 80 days cystex and cipro didn't work.  finally after the 3rd pack of cystex taking 5 tablets at a time I'm having some relief of the pain with 2000mg vitamin C
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1344197_tn?1392822771
J. Kyle Mathews, MD, DVMBlank
Plano Urogynecology Associates
Plano, TX
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now