still having trouble urinating in the a.m.?
Okay, so I think I am healing up pretty good from the hysterectomy and bladder sling surgery. i do really well now going to the bathroom all day long, except for 1st thing in the morning. It seems that every morning as bad as I feel like I have to go, I just can't seem to do much of it without straight cathetering myself. Every other time after that, and all day long I go just fine and empty out completely, but I am really confused as to why I am having trouble at my fullest 1st thing in the morning? Is this an indication that something might be wrong, or is it just that right now my bladder isn't healed enough to get that full? should I start making myself get up in the night a few times to pee? and or should I start using the straight cat at night just before bed to ensure that it is completely empty before going to bed. I am 3 weeks in to my recovery and wore the foley for 2 weeks, so I have only been without the foley for a week. My doctor did call to check on me today and I told him and he didn't seem too worried about it, but it still seems odd to me.
What kind of physician did your procedure? It is a bit concerning that you have difficulty urinating at any time of the day this far past surgery. If the urethra somehow got crimped a bit with your surgery, it may be most difficult to urinate when your bladder is at it's most full which would be in the AM after holding all night. Normally you don't want to do anything to negatively retrain your  bladder (you don't want to have to get up in the middle of the night). Have you tried gently massaging your abdomen prior to urinating in the AM, sometimes if you manually "move" the urethra around, you can get the urine stream to start. Or maybe walking for a bit from room to room while massaging your abdomen. I do think you should question your physician why this is occurring a bit more aggresively;  this is not a normal post-procedure issue.

Please keep me posted on this, I'm hopeful things will level off soon.
Sher