Urogynecology Community
still having trouble urinating in the a.m.?
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE UROGYNECOLOGY COMMUNITY for WOMEN: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Female Incontinence and Pelvic Floor disorders such as, Cystocele, Drooping Bladder, Intercourse Pain, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Vaginal Relaxation and Vulvodynia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

still having trouble urinating in the a.m.?

Okay, so I think I am healing up pretty good from the hysterectomy and bladder sling surgery. i do really well now going to the bathroom all day long, except for 1st thing in the morning. It seems that every morning as bad as I feel like I have to go, I just can't seem to do much of it without straight cathetering myself. Every other time after that, and all day long I go just fine and empty out completely, but I am really confused as to why I am having trouble at my fullest 1st thing in the morning? Is this an indication that something might be wrong, or is it just that right now my bladder isn't healed enough to get that full? should I start making myself get up in the night a few times to pee? and or should I start using the straight cat at night just before bed to ensure that it is completely empty before going to bed. I am 3 weeks in to my recovery and wore the foley for 2 weeks, so I have only been without the foley for a week. My doctor did call to check on me today and I told him and he didn't seem too worried about it, but it still seems odd to me.