Urogynecology Expert Forum
swelling below urethral opening
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

swelling below urethral opening

Hello Doc, I have been having lower left pelvic and left flank pain for 7 weeks. The Dr sent me for Ct scan because my stomach was also very tender. Well Ct showed urinary bladder not well distened and  diffuse thickening of the colon, had colonoscopy and everthing is fine. This all started off with me thinking I had a kidney or bladder infection. The urinalylis had 1+ blood  but nothing said about that, but no pain or burning.
Well now, Since all of this I didn't have any sex for 6wks not feeling well. So went to have sex and it hurt bad, never had that problem before. But, my husband notice a swollen lump, little lighter in color and looks like a red ring around it.
My question is should I go to a Gyn or Urology? I had abdominal hysterectomy 12 yrs ago because of endom. so, I haven't seen Gyn in about 9yrs because my MD says I don't need to since I had total hysterctomy.
But still having the pain in pelvic and flank area on the left.
I would really appreciate any input on this. Sorry its so long!!
1344197_tn?1392822771
Either would be appropriate.  It the mass is close to the urethra you might want to see a urologist or urogynecologist.  
2 Comments
Blank
thank you, seen a urologist & gyno so far no relief! Still having pain in left flank but worse lower left quadrate pain. the Dr said that's not consider pelvic pain. Having a ultrasound of pelvic and vaginal. They both said something about scar tissue from the abdominal total hysterestomy from 12+ years ago. The gyno did notice I was tender and red inside. My ? is what do they do for scar tissue(adhesions)?
I really appreciate your info!!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1344197_tn?1392822771
J. Kyle Mathews, MD, DVMBlank
Plano Urogynecology Associates
Plano, TX
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker