Urogynecology Expert Forum
swollen meatus

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

swollen meatus
Hello, I had sex three months before, the following day I my meatus had some red inflamed on it, after that it got swollen and after three days it started burning, then I went to the doctor cause of the pain, he gave me levobact 750mg 2 times a day for 10 days, after that I was given zhitromax a three day course, but the meatus was just the same the the docotor gave me rocofine injection for for days, which didn't do much, I changed my docotor, went to a gynocologist, he told me I had herpes and gave me cyclovir tabs 800mg four times a day for two weeks, and a cream to apply, neither did this clear, I have been to a skin docotr recently he has given me mutlivitamin tabs for two for 2 months, I have completed my one month. I have done hiv test at 4 weeks, 8weeks and at 92days which are all negative. Your advice would be helpfull.  
I would suggest you see a Urologist or Urogynecologist.  Your condition may be consistent with a urethral caruncle.  An examination would be helpful.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD