unable to pee?? please help
i had a particle hysterctomy and a bladder repair 5 weeks ago, and right now i feel fine after the hysterctomy but the bladder repair not so much this is my second one , had one done last year, went ok had a catheter because he nicked my bladder and he wanted it to heal.. this time is different went home with a catheter for 4 weeks, last week went back and they showed me how to self cath, i cant pee on my own unless my bladder is holding over 400ml and they only want me to self cath 4 times a day(i drink alot) , ... when my bladder is holding 400ml i can only pee about 125ml,i keep wondering am i ever going to pee on my own , im only 34 years old with 3 wonderful active boys and i like to do things with them..
I am so sorry to hear of your problems, and understand the demands of looking after your boys.

Is your Dr a Urogynecologist?  Why did you have to have a second bladder repair and was this with the same Dr?  You have had this catheter in for 5 weeks, but did the Dr tell you it was permanent or why you are having to catheterize for this amount of time?  It is time for you to ask your Dr more questions and consider a second opinion if you feel you are not getting the answers you require.  Prolapse operations can take up to 12 weeks max to heal but most ladies report that they are usually catheter free in significantly ess time than 5 weeks.  I would be looking for an answer as to why it is taking this long from your Dr and be looking for a possible second opinion if you dont feel you are getting the answers to your questions that you require.

Let us know how you get on and dont hesitate to get back to us at any time
thank you for taking the time and replying to my question.. two different doctors did the operations..
i have my check next week and i will be asking hopefully the right question..
again thank you for your comment..
I hope you are able to pass water without the catheter and if not that you get some answers.  Let us know how you get on.