Urologic Cancer Community
BCG Cystitis help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urologic cancers including: Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Colon Cancer, Penis Cancer, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Ureter Cancer.

BCG Cystitis help

Are there any remedies for severe BCG Cystitis. I have had frequent urination (50+ times daily) severe cramping.
I have taken Prosed DS, later Vesicare 5mg, then 10mg with no results. I am due for Cystocopy in 10 days.
I have had the above symptoms for one month after BCG.

This discussion is related to Severe BCG Cystitis Treatment.
I can't stand BCG!!!  I am guessing you have Bladder cancer and that was the reason for the BCG. The BCG was not effective for my cancer so we stopped it due to the side effects.. my first urologist claimed there were no side effects to BCG so everything was in my head. The effects you describe are what are supposed to happen for the BCG to be effective..did they explain how they theorize this treatment works?  I think with cancer, none of the regular meds. for this cystitis are effective.  The only thing that worked to break my spasms when they got really bad was B & O Suppositories.  This is a very strong medicine and you have to be able to take the time and rest with it. Good luck to you.