Urologic Cancer Community
Bladder and Prostate Cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urologic cancers including: Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Colon Cancer, Penis Cancer, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Ureter Cancer.

Bladder and Prostate Cancer

I have a question regarding Bladder Cancer and the possibility of Prostate Cancer.

My father who is 64, was diagnosed in September with Bladder Cancer. He underwent surgery to remove two tumors one medium and one large. He then underwent 8 weeks of Intravesical Chemo. In January the doctors said everything look clean and clear. Then his family doctor noticed some prostate enlargement. Yesterday he went for a checkup and they found a large tumor in his prostate. They took plenty of biopsies of the prostate and surrounding tissues. We should have the results by tuesday. My main question is.. Is it possible for the bladder chemo treatment to cause a tumor to grow so rapidly in the prostate? His doctor was even quite surprised to find a tumor of this size. Thank you for any responses or advice.