Urologic Cancer Community
Blood in Urine Lower Back Pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urologic cancers including: Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Colon Cancer, Penis Cancer, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Ureter Cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood in Urine Lower Back Pain

Hi.  I am a 39 year old female/smoker.  I have had blood in my urine for 2 months now-visible to the eye.  No pain with urination just lower back pain.  I have been tested several times and have no infection of any kind.  I have had a ct scan with contrast, an IVP, and a cystoscopy.  They found nothing from all of the tests, everything came back negative.  Today I want to the second urologist I've seen.  He looked at me as if he had no answer even though my urine tested for visible blood yet again.  He said that all of the tests he would do have already been done.  Finally, after contacting my other urologist and going over the cystoscopy (where there was nothing abnormal) one of them suggested doing a FISH urine test.  I'm very concerned because clearly something is going on.  Is it safe to assume that it is not cancer since all of these tests have come back negative.  The only results I don't have are the FISH results.  How long do they take to come back?  What should I do now?   Thank you.