Urologic Cancer Community
Blood in urine & abnormal cells, what does that mean?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urologic cancers including: Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Colon Cancer, Penis Cancer, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Ureter Cancer.

Since Jan. 09 I have had many tests done & I have high aldosterone, high blood pressure, low potassium & low vit.D. I was referred to an Endocrinolgist she thought I had primary aldosteronism. I had a MRI done & no tumor. She ran more tests and found protein in my urine and referred me to a Nephrologist. I also seen a Rheumatologist due to my fatigue and back pain she diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia a few days ago and gave me cymbalta and also did more blood work. I got a call from the Nephrologist yesterday and she said that there was blood in my urine and abnormal cells and referred me to a urologist I see on the 15th. Does this mean I may have cancer, and if so does this have anything to do with my high aldosterone and high blood pressure, potassium & vitamin D levels. My doctor didn't seem to think so, what is causing all of these symptoms and what type of cancer could I have if it is cancer? Is abnormal cells considered cancer?