Urologic Cancer Community
Hard pea-sized lump on top of my left testicle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urologic cancers including: Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Colon Cancer, Penis Cancer, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Ureter Cancer.

I found a small lump on the top of my left testicle about a month ago. I have been to the doctor and had it examined. He thought that it was an infection and gave me a prescription for doxycycline hyclate 100mg and also naproxen which does little for the pain. I am now down to the last two days of my 10 day prescription of doxycycline and the lump is still the same size. It is about the size of a pea and is hard. Sometimes I experience strong pain, other times mild discomfort. I tried to move the lump but I can't and it hurt after I tried. My mother had ovarian cancer and her mother has had similar problems. I am very worried that the lump is not an infection. Is it still to early to tell whether or not the antibiotics are working? After my antibiotics run out, I will be scheduling a follow-up appoinment. Would you recommend seeing the physician again or a specialist?