Urologic Cancer Community
Pain after Kidney Stent

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urologic cancers including: Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Colon Cancer, Penis Cancer, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Ureter Cancer.

Pain after Kidney Stent

I had a kidney stent insertion procedure yesterday and the pain afterwards is unbearable. I was sent home w/no medication and with the notion that I would just have an urge to pee more. I was not advised that my bladder would be having spasms, that it would hurt and burn so much each time I urinated (which seems to be every 5 min), nor was I advised that I wouldn't be able to stand up straight without the stent bugging my bladder and causing extreme discomfort and urge to pee...

Will this pain and discomfort decrease? Does it get better? I was given Toviaz to help w/bladder spasms. Dr. wants to leave the stent in for 3 weeks, it's been a day and I want it out already! How can I expect to survive it?