Urologic Cancer Community
Pain after open partial nephrectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urologic cancers including: Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Colon Cancer, Penis Cancer, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Ureter Cancer.

Pain after open partial nephrectomy

Hello,  i was diagnosed with RCC stage 1 after a  right open partial nephrectomy in August 2008.  I have been having severe constant pain in my right flank since the surgery.  I have had several CT scans and a MRI most recently.  I was told that there is 3cm of scar tissue on the kidney where the surgery was.  I was told to take it easy and take my pain medications.  That was about two months ago.  I am still having the pain and if not worse at times.  Could the pain be caused from anything esle?   Could it just be muscle pain from the surgery?   Is there any other tests or treatments that might help determine if it is the scare tissue or something else?   Any help would be appreciated...

Thank you
I'd like to hear from patients after partial nephrectomy open surgery.
My husband just got his surgery done a week ago and everyday at evening his temperature is going up up to 37.7 - 37.8C.
Please share if somebody has the same.
Thank you.