Relentless Pain after Partial Nephrectomy From Basal Cell Carcinoma
My 18 year old son had a partial nephrectomy in August for Basil Cell Carcinoma. It was very unusual for an 18 year old to have this. His blood is clear at this time and we are hoping that he will be here for a long time. In the mean time, he is in constant pain. Cat scans and tests have been done but he is in more pain now than when he had the cancerous tumor in his kidney. It is so bad that he went to his school counselor and had them put him in a respet care home for a few days as he was contemplating suicide. We have many doctors that have looked at him and can find nothing wrong. I am the one who fought them for a biopsy to begin with. Please let me know if it is common for constant and worse pain after this kind of surgery or if I am right to toss out the doctors and go get a new team. Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me.

This discussion is related to OPINION.