Urologic Cancer Community
Small hard lump inside scrotum not on testicle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urologic cancers including: Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Colon Cancer, Penis Cancer, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Ureter Cancer.

I have noticed this small, hard lump inside my scrotum above my left testicle.  I could feel something for months, like an ingrown hair, I thought, whenever I rubbed the outer surface of my scrotum while taking a shower.  Never paid any attention to it.  Then about 3 months ago, I actually grabbed the lump on either side of it with my fingers, and to my surprise, it feels like a little, round, hard ball about the size of a very small pea actually inside the scrotum, not outside.  I think it's attached somehow to the inside of the scrotum and not to any of the veins and things that come out from the top of the testicle.  It's painless.  I squeezed hard all around it and feel no pain at all in my testicle or in the things coming off the top of the testicle.  It almost feels like it's floating in there, but must be attached to something.  I'm guessing it's somehow attached to the scrotum.  It's a hard lump, but feels smooth and round.  I'll be seeing a Urologist soon.  Do you have any ideas what this could be?  Thank you.  My age is 55.

This discussion is related to Pea-size lump on left testicle.
please help me when cheacking myself over the other day i found a hard spot on the inside of my testicular what can this be please as iam getting very worried thank you vince no the hard lump is on the testicle

When ever you question any lump like this you need to get checked asap by a urologist to rule out anything serious.  Request that an ultrasound and blood work are done.  An excellent website for more answers is tccancer.com a good number of guys are from the U K and can direct you where to go.  All the best.