Stability of FISH results on Urine; FISH Test of Blood and its diagnostic value
Subsequent to positive FISH results with Urine and microscopic blood in urine, I wanted to get the cystoscopy done at a teaching hospital rather than with the local Uro.  Before going to that appt, I  am also trying to get the X-ray with contrast/CT scan done locally so that I can take it with me when I get an appt and avoid further need to do it there.  My  primary care physician prescribed the X-ray with contrast (for the kidney, bladder, etc.)   as well as another FISH test to see if the result is stable or showing any random variation.

However, this time around, I was surprised to see that there were two samples drawn---both blood and urine. Apparently, there is a FISH test for each of them and this is something I did not know earlier. The local Uro had done only the FISH test on the urine, not on the blood. It is not clear what the FISH test results of the blood sample will be useful for in this situation.

I am curious if any of the other members had any experience with the stability of the urine FISH test results---whether they tend to change or remain pretty much constant before any intervention. Also, if someone knows about the FISH test of blood and its diagnostic or treatment value, I will appreciate some insight into it.

Thank you and best regards,

BM