Urologic Cancer Community
Terrified of blood in urine
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urologic cancers including: Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Colon Cancer, Penis Cancer, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Ureter Cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Terrified of blood in urine

Hope you can help. I've posted on other boards without much luck. I had a urine test with culture and everything was fine except for having microscopic blood in urine. Terrified of having bladder cancer. I have no symptoms other than that. Will retest in a month. In the meantime I'm a nervous wreck. Does blood always mean cancer?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
4851940_tn?1385441629
Hope other people respond to your posting to reasure your that having microscopic blood in the urine does NOT mean you have cancer.

It is likely though that you may have a kidney stone somewhere in the urinary tract.  so drink plenty of water.

And try not to worry to much.
Blank
350664_tn?1322829601
I too have microscopic blood in my urine. Not sure of your gender and such but it's common in women to have this issue. Also if you have done any kind of exercise or strenous activity 20min or so prior to the sample you will have blood in your urine. That is totally normal. Some people just have it. I think next step after repeat sample is cytoscopy.
Blank
4851940_tn?1385441629
Sometimes women nearing a menstrual cycle may find a trace of blood in their urine.  

In men blood in the urine may indicate a prostate problem.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urologic Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank